Helpful Links and Resources
Style Guide for Interior Formatting
- Click here for my inside tips and guides for preparing and styling your Word document for formatting.
I do not offer any services outside of what is listed here on my website. I do, however offer advice on where you might go to get other services.
- For WEBSITE DESIGN, I recommend Tessa at The Code Fox.
- And for MARKETING and PROMOTIONS, I suggest JKS Communications, now known as Books Fluent and Books Forward.
- For a good resource for others who edit, do cover design, and formatting, go to The Association of Independent Publishing Professions (AIPP). Check out their Member Directory here.
- I also recommend my co-worker, Amanda, from A.J. Reid Creative, if you want to hire her independently from me for cover design and interior layout, typesetting, and formatting.
- For COVER COPY/BOOK DESCRIPTION/BLURB HELP, see Smitzman over on Fiverr. She can help or write your cover copy for you for a really great price.
Understand How an eBook Works
- What is flowable text? Why don’t eBooks have “real” page numbers? Click here for a video that explains what these things mean.
Trying to Decide Between IngramSpark and KDP/Amazon?
- Should you use IngramSpark or KDP? Watch this very informative video that explains one woman’s reasoning behind going with both, which is what I personally recommend. You can also watch this video.
What the heck are BISAC Categories?
ISBNs? Should You Buy One or Use Amazon’s Free ISBN? What About Copyright?
- Click here for more information about ISBN numbers and whether you should maybe buy your own or just use Amazon’s free assigned ISBN number.
Frequently Asked Questions